Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Afternoon

Today I walked in to town to do some photography. I found I wasn't inspired to take any photos but I had many thoughts that I just had to write down. These are my musing that I pencilled down in my little black book.

[I am a day dreamer. As I walked into town today to return my book 'Desert Flower' to the library all I could think about is what if Waris was outside the library and saw that I had read her book. What would I say to her? I went through a scenario of going to coffee with her and chatting about the book. This occupied my mind right up until I got to the library.

{Why is that woman dressed up in such a sparkly sequined gold dress and carrying those flowers}

I like day dreaming it is more positive than stewing in anger and sadness which I am known to do. I welcome day dreaming and I can be stuck there for hours as I go about my life. I often find it is a bit of a break if I am doing something tedious like working. In my day dreams I have met Oprah and had a whole hour dedicated to me, I've been called out of the blue with an amazing job opportunity, I've travelled to other countries and I have met many people. I hope that these positive day dreams will send out positive energy to the universe in turn bring positive things to me.]

[All these paintings from the 1800s talk about woman being pure and how important that is before you are married... What about the men?

"We cry our mothers tears and oceans pass through us from one generation to the next"

I like who I am. I've worked hard on me. I am strong

I was really inspired by the artists Roberta Thornley and Shannon Williamson.

I just don't get artistic Film!! ]

[ I like watching tourists take photos. I always wonder what they will think of that photo when they get home. Will it stay stuck in an Album 'Visit to Christchurch 2011'. Will they remember the name of the places they have visited. Will that photo inspire them in the future? Will they show it to all their family and friends or stick it on their mantelpiece. Will I be somewhere in the background. Am I in the all sort of photos in people albums all around the world? ]

Artist Captain Matt Gauldie's (Army Artist) Exhibition at the Museum
[The journey of the unknown warrior pieces were beautiful and emotive. I was really moved by a lot of the art work that I saw especially 'Mortar Cres 2010' and 'Cold light of Dawn 2010'

"Sometimes I looked around at the stark, dusty landscape and wondered how people could have been fighting over this land for thousands of years"


I had a lovely afternoon full of thoughts and culture. I topped it off with a gorgeous picnic with my Mister Tom at the park.

Peace

Rah



No comments:

Post a Comment