Sunday, January 23, 2011

Buskers Festival

Christchurch's Buskers Festival is in full swing and I had the pleasure of spending a few hours taking photos and watching some buskers around town. It's an amazing atmosphere with hundreds of people from all around the world smiling and laughing. Good photography practise too!

This couple made me smile, I don't know why. I think it's because they look so touristy.
Check out this site . I think what they do is amazing. To see this mural slowly come to life using tape is pretty rad.
This guy happily posed for me. His Toilet could drive around and he toed a bath carrying a girl. Pretty funny!
Everyone needs a break now and again and this food caravan is pretty cool.
I loved how everyone gets involved and these girls were in their element showing off their dance moves.
Musings for the day, This was before I found my eye for taking photos for the day.

''Wasting away the afternoon trawling through books. Inspired by photography but lacking inspirations in the everyday things I see around me.
People all around me. So many faces soaking the sun up. Feeling the rays hit my face, arms and neck. I love the warmth that I feel.
Not feeling like I want to talk. My mind is doing enough of that for me.
Snippets of conversation. Being removed yet participating in this mass, this throng that has invaded the square. I'll try to capture this atmosphere through the lens and fail miserably.
Street artists, street performers accessible art to inspire those who will take notice. Those who are open to what is around them. You only have to open your eyes''

Peace

Rah

No comments:

Post a Comment