Monday, October 11, 2010

My new dress


So I had this gorgeous green fabric that my Mumma had given me and I'd been thinking about what to do with it for ages. I also have a wee dress that I love so I decided to try to copy it...minus the elastic around the middle because the fabric is stretchy enough.

I put the dress over top of the fabric and made a 1cm seam allowance.


I also wanted to add detailing to the front of the dress in the shape of the leaf, that I drew with chalk


Then I did a long stitch thing to make the shape.


This is the detailing


Then I pinned it up, sewed it up, un picked it and started again
by the way this fabric super hard to work with.

This is the out come!!


and the Booty shot

Super casual and summery and will be perfect for hot sunny days.

I have accomplished something today!!

Peace

Rah

No comments:

Post a Comment