Saturday, October 16, 2010

Giving the top a go

I have blogged previously about a Jungle print top that I love. So I decided to replicate it like I did with the dress. I also thought I would try to make a pattern so if it turned out well then I could make more and not have to go to too much trouble.
I am a big fan of recycling paper and I have heaps so have used that paper to make my pattern.
I just used double cellotape to put it all together and glued any loose parts.
Just like this!!
I laid out my top on the paper and drew around it with pencil. I checked and double checked this.
I made a seam allowance and cut out the pattern
I drew in vivid the inside line and made up a new sheet for the back pattern.
I then blue tacked it all together and stuck it to the window so I could get an accurate copy of the front pattern for the back pattern
This is how it turned out, looking pretty professional.
I placed it on the fabric I wanted and away I went with the sewing. Super basic pattern and easy to do.
Also Sewing is way better when your in your PJs watching trashy TV.
So after and shower and a change this was the outcome. Fits perfect and am thinking of a pattern or picture I could print on the front. I think it will make it look pretty rad.
Was good to accomplish something for the day.

Peace

Rah









2 comments:

  1. Wow sarah this is awesome, think Alice and Emma both want one, check out my material stash this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure will!! I have a few ideas as to how to adapt it too :)

    ReplyDelete