Tuesday, August 30, 2011

On our way

Have spent the weekend in Timaru with my family. I had a really relaxed lovely time and it was hard saying goodbye to each and every one of them. It hadn't really hit me that I was moving away till I hugged my parents today before we got on the shuttle. It hit me like a brick wall, I just felt so sad, but so excited at the same time which is truly a bizarre mixture to feel.


People have asked me if Im scared about moving to a new country and a city I've never been to. But Im not in the least bit scared. I know what being scared is like and I know what its like to have my life threatened by an un seen force. I know what its like to feel the most intense anxiety. I never want to feel those feelings again so to move to a new city and a new country is feeling like the most relaxed and carefree thing I've ever done. This feels so right and thats weird for me becuase I stress at the slightest thing.


Ive sort of made a pack with myself to let what ever may be to be. Im lucky to be alive, Im lucky to have amazing friends and a super loving family and I swear to make the most of life.


So that brings me to traveling on a cramped bus, with a driver wearing a piano tie and feeling so happy. We are on our way to Levin to see Toms family and our friends before we make our way to Melbourne on sunday.


Love to all my siblings and Mum and Dad.


Peace


Rah


No comments:

Post a Comment